What is it??
Google App Engine lets you run your web applications on Google’s infrastructure. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow. With App Engine, there are no servers to maintain: You just upload your application, and it’s ready to serve your users.
The Application Environment..
Its just too cool!!
Google App Engine makes it easy to build an application that runs reliably, even under heavy load and with large amounts of data. The environment includes the following features:
- dynamic web serving, with full support for common web technologies
- persistent storage with queries, sorting and transactions
- automatic scaling and load balancing
- APIs for authenticating users and sending email using Google Accounts
- a fully featured local development environment that simulates Google App Engine on your computer
Google App Engine applications are implemented using the Python programming language. The runtime environment includes the full Python language and most of the Python standard library.
To download the sdk clickhere . Follow the installation instructions.
For getting started with this engine click here
This is a great engine for python developer. I am just learning this and I believe this is very much helpful for all developer from beginner to advanced… So long live google….