CakePHP is a nice PHP framework. Its as delicious as it’s name.
Installation is too easy. Just follow the steps..
- download cake php from here http://www.cakephp.org/
- just unpack it to your host and point the url and do as the introductory page say
Now I want to discuss how i have intigrated Smarty in CakePHP
I know there are few drawbacks of smarty but its helpful for the people who are already master in smarty.
Intigrating Smarty with cakePHP will be like blessing for them. Because they dont need to learn the template engine of cakephp then :). Hope you guyz find this helpful
1. Download a version of SmartyView from here:
- Save SmartyView as /(app)/views/smarty.php
2. Download Smarty
Extract tarball so Smarty.class.php sits at /vendor/smarty/Smarty.class.php
3. Create “smarty/compile” and “smarty/cache” within your tmp dir
(/(app)/tmp/ by default) and make them writable by the apache user
4. Include in your controller
(in app_controller.php to do it app-wide)
You now have SmartyView installed!
- /views/smarty_templates is parsed for smarty plugins : http://smarty.incutio.com/?page=SmartyPlugins
- SmartyView will fall back to .thtml templates for views.
- By default Smarty views must reside in ‘smarty’ subdirectories — see addendum for information regarding removing this requirement.